Monday, March 31, 2008

Test W4Gas Cell

March 29 and March 30, 2008

Drove to North Bay, Ontario and back.
On first fill up at 546 kms I got 29.86 MPG
On second fill up at 352 kms I go 29.26 MPG

My baseline MPG was 24.2 MPG without running the W4Gas cell so my gain was 23.14 %

This is not too spectacular a gain percentage wise, but I was driving much faster than I do normally in this area which is 80 to 90 km per hour. My average speed on the trip was about 100 kmph reaching as high as 128 kmph according to my ScanGauge. These kind of speeds do not make for good mileage.

The W4Gas cell was only putting out 62 milli liters per minute of HHO at 2 amps. I can see why many are using 6 cells or the "six pack" as they call it, but it would only come out to 371 milli liters per minute (.371 lpm ) which is a far cry from the 1.7 liters per minute that the Smack booster puts out.

To get substantial improvement in mileage eg. 70% plus , I understand that my 3.4 litre engine would require about 4 1/2 to 5 lpm of HHO, so that is what I should be striving for. At the moment it looks unreachable as it is 3 times the amount of HHO the Smack booster puts out. We will see what happens as I connect the Smack to the van.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home