Sunday, March 09, 2008

Laying Low.. too much snow and cold


March 9th, 2007


Have not done much since my last post as the weather has not been very nice to be out experimenting with the WFG Electrolyzer.

Several days ago when the sun was out, we took a run with the unit on and the MAF sensor being controlled by the pot arrangement. To my surprise, the ScanGauge was showing 40 to 41 MPG for most of the run. Sort of expected to see the engine temp rise a bit, but ony about 3 degrees. Have to do a fill up to confirm that my mileage is increasing.


I read up on the Smack Booster and liked the amount of hydrogen it produces, so got busy and gathered the parts I needed to build the SS plate array. Have that completed and need to get the container made up for it. The array is shown on the left .... is made of 16 gauge 304 Stainless Steel plates 2 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches. The plates are larger than the ones for the Smack as I was unable to find the blank switch plate covers used in the Smack design. It will be a while before I get this completed as I want to get more mileage data on the WFG unit in the van at the present time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home