Saturday, February 09, 2008

Installed MAF Enhancer







Feb 8th Mounted the MAF Enhancer and on Feb 9th I connected the unit to the sensor by cutting the signal line, feeding the signal to my Enhancer and then back to the PCM.


The two blue pots are for controlling the voltage to the PCM, the left one for Highway driving and the right one for City. The switch, upper middle, is used to switch between Highway and City. The lower switch turns it off or on.

Ran the engine for a while just turning the pot back and forth and but could not get consistent readings on the ScanGauge. Went for a short drive later to Grimbsy about 10 miles, checked ScanGauge there and it showed 28.19 mpg. Came back and checked ScanGauge again and it showed 26.82 mpg on the trip back. I adjusted the pot while driving so the mpg showed the highest reading and the litres per hour the lowest reading. Need more test drives to be sure that I am getting accurate fuel economy readings....






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking this out to see if I can add a comment here or not.
Rebel

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was wondering if you could send me details on the MAF enhancer you are using? I have a ford Expi, it does not have a MAP sensor and uses 4 O2 sensors. I want to go hho but dont want to spend a ton on o2 sensor enhancers. Thanks jnieto@usa.com

12:21 PM  
Blogger Rich Levenberg said...

Hi,
I been following your comments. I too have a chevy venture and I am about to hook up a MAP Enhancer but I'm not sure if I've located the wires correctly. Could you give me a little guidance as too where the wires are leading from the MAP Sensor to the computer are?
I think they are 3 wires wrapped in a black plastic cover running across the face of the engine. Does that sound right to you?

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home