Saturday, April 26, 2008

Modified Smack Booster finally installed....



I goofed on the custom enclosure for the Smack, not taking into consideration that the top had to be bolted down and the plastic shop asked if I wanted a flange around the top of the container to accomplish this and I said yes without thinking. Due to the flange adding 5/8 inch to both sides, it would not fit in front of the rad on the van no matter what I tried.

The only place to fit anything is where my original savefuel device was installed. The Smack SS plate assembly (after some modifications) bearly fit inside a 4 inch PVC pipe and the total height I could fit was 8 inches, so a special container had to be made as seen in the photo 8 inches high by 5 inch diameter at the top and 4 inch diameter at the bottom.

In the photo you see the output of the Smack going to the bottom of the bubbler (hidden out of sight) and the output from the top of the 1 inch diameter bubbler goes directly to the air intake just after the MAF sensor. By the way, I could not find a check valve so I made one by cutting a 5/8 inch circle out of Shower Pan rubber (same stuff I used for the gasket on the custom container I could not use) and just dropped it in the 1 inch bubbler tube with a piece of clear tubing to hold it down to the pipe bushing I used for the bottom end of the bobbler. Works fine,has not let the water get out of the bubbler, back to the electrolyzer as it cools down.

In the photo you will notice a terminal strip that I used to connect the MAF Enhanser to the MAF sensor. I removed it when I discovered the sensor had a frequency output instead of a voltage output. During the time I tried to use it I got very erratic numbers on my Scangauge and it screwed up many of the readings from the Scangauge. Now everthing is fairly stable.

Below is a video clip showing the bubbler action, which is fast and furious compared to the video clips of the W4Gas. I had measured nearly 2 litres per minute from the Smack (which had larger SS plates than the switch cover one) however, due to the larger size I had to cut down on the spacing from the original one I made and am now getting about 1.3 litres per minute from this installation. You will notice that the action is such that some water is being pushed out of the bubbler into the air intake. I corrected that by pouring out some of the water in the bubbler and it appears OK now.

video

Went out today for a drive to see how this thing works. I had put in 1 teaspoon of Gillett's lye,
98 % Sodium Hydroxide ( available at Home Hardware and many similar stores) and noted that cold it was drawing 10 amps, supposed to draw 16 when cold and 20 when hot. Was going to add a bit more as suggested by the instructions. but decided to leave it as is. To my surprise at 20 miles out, it was drawing nearly 30 amps. I stopped and checked to see if things were getting hot but the Smack was fairly warm so continued for another 10 miles where I stopped , poured out some of the electrolyte and added distilled water. That dropped the draw to 20 amps, but on the return trip it climbed to 25 amps. When back home I poured out more and added more distilled water to bring the amperage down to about 18 amps. Will see what happens when I get out on the road again.

Checked the mileage after we did a fillup and got 32.24 MPG an increase of 33.22 % from my base line of 24.20 MPG before HOD experiments. I have done nothing to any of the sensors for this test, so will run just the Smack Booster to see if the mileage improves or starts to drop. I have ordered the EFIE ? for the O2 sensor and will install it when it arrives in 4 to 6 weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Hey Nice Job! I've been working on one of these for my KIA sportage for weeks, it's all ready but I haven't installed it yet, I'm not good with wires.
What kind of vehicle did you put yours in?
Did you notice any extra power from the engine?
I live in Taymouth NB and its nice to see another Canuck talking about HHO.
I'm a bit worried about winter use but I came across a Utube video that had a winter formula made from Peroxide and Rubbing Alcohol, you might want to check it out.
Keep posting if you can.
Drew

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.blingforfun.com]hip hop jewelry[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/pendants/cat_9.html]hip hop pendants[/url],hip hop watches,[url=http://blingforfun.com/belts/cat_18.html]bling bling[/url] ,hip hop,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]hip hop chains[/url],hip hop bling,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]iced out chains[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]wholesale chains[/url]
hip hop jewelry
wholesale hip hop watches
hip hop rings

12:03 AM  
Blogger hemcoined said...

I used for the bottom end of the bobbler.
Loading Arms

12:01 AM  
Blogger Zhu Y said...

We pneumatic products manufacture several products, including solenoid valves,air control valves, piston air cylinder, Pneumatic Air Filter and some pneumatic accessories. Most of goods are exported to USA, Europe and Asia. And they are widely used on electronic, pharmaceutical, food processing, packaging, medical and automotive industries. Visit: www.xinyipneumatic.com

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home