Wednesday, May 06, 2009

3 Plate, Plain Tap water Electrolyzer

See Updates May 25th, 2009, June 11th and June 26th at the end of this article

The warm weather has arrived and I have been doing experiments with a plain tap water electroyzer for several weeks on my balcony. I went to a
web site
( http://eddie-batista.dyndns.org/ ) that shows a different solution to making HHO and now HHOO for even better mileage without tinkering with the vehicles various sensors. The FREE E-Book which describes everything Eddie Batista has experimented with and uses on his own vehicle for 65 to 75 % increase in mileage. By adding an EFIE he has attained over 100% increase in mileage. There are all kinds of videos, etc all free at the site.

On May 1st, I installed the system in my van to see how it really works. On May 4th I did my first test run to check out the system for amperage, temperature during a 100 mile run. The amperage starting out was 6 amps and it rose to 11 amps after 2 hours. The temperature did not go over 120 degrees F. Eddie suggests running the system for a month at least before doing any other changes or mileage checks, he claims it takes that long for the computer to "learn" what has been added to the fuel system and will adjust accordingly. So far I am happy to report an increase in mpg from the previous 4 fillups.



The above photo shows a view from the top showing how the three plates are arranged inside a container that holds just over 1 gallon of water. The negative plate is in the middle and connects to the SS bolt on the left. The positive plates are connected to the SS bolt on the right. The only negative aspect to this system is that the water becomes a dirty brown colour, not nice to look at, but does not cause any problems as far as generating hydrogen on demand.

This photo shows the 0 to 15 amp ammeter drawing 7 amps of current before starting on the test run. The switch to the right of the meter is an emergency shutoff to stop the electrolyzer if needed.


The above photo shows my temporary installation inside the van at the back. It is not recommended to have an electrolyzer inside the passenger compartment , but since I do not have room anywhere else or under the hood, this is where it will stay for now. I have checked to see that there are absolutely no leaks in the system and I drive with the back vent window open to clear any gases from the passenger compartment.



This photo shows how I bring the wiring into the Ammeter and Switch, also note the tubing coming from under the hood up the rain gutter.

This shows my 30 amp relay on the right.


Shows how I ran the vinyl tubing from the engine compartment to the rear of the van.


My inline fuse holder, takes various fuse sizes



My 30 amp Relay coil wire inserted under NO contact of one of the vehicles control relays which operates only when engine is running

My baseline for MPG was 17.97 which was an average of last 4 fillups for city driving.

May 25th UPDATE .... First fillup shows 13.69% gain in MPG and second fillup today shows a 26.82% gain in MPG in mostly City plus some Highway driving. Will have to see if this trend continues.

June 11th Update ...Third fill up today shows a 30.61% gain from baseline ...all city driving. Anxious to see what I get on the highway. Water is down only about 3/4 of an inch in 450 kms or 279 miles city driving.

June 26th Update... Today on a 79 mile run and fill up shows a 103.9 % gain in MPG. This is more like it and am anxious to see what happens on a 300 mile run up north.








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web page and thought I
might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.


My web site ... ford rat rod

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home